OnGrid HPDE at Thunderhill Raceway Park
OnGrid is one of many promoters of High Performance Driving Events (HPDE’s) at various racetracks throughout the country. On October 19, they are holding an event at Thunderhill Raceway Park. As with any company, they are always looking to increase their customer base. In doing so, they have proposed a run group at this event specifically for the novice driver with little or no track experience. As many of you have asked about just such an event, we went ahead and promoted it to our chapter members. Please note this event is NOT sanctioned by either BMW CCA or SVBMWCCA. It is totally and strictly an OnGrid event and in no way sponsored, sanctioned or affiliated with either the SVBMWCCA or BMW CCA. As this is an OnGrid event, all drivers must comply with OnGrids rules, regulations, and policies. SVBMWCCA is only sharing the event information for your consideration.
This run group will be limited to 28 cars (does not have to be a BMW, no SUV’s or soft-top convertibles allowed). There will be club members with track experience who have volunteered to ride along with those who would like to have a more experienced person in the car with them. Thunderhill West is a short track where you’ll average approximately 50-60 mph and approximately 90 mph on the straightaway.
Details are as follows:
- Date: Saturday, October 19, 2019
- Location: Thunderhill Raceway Park, 5250 CA-162, Willows, CA 95988
Payment & Registration
- Step 1 – Register: Regardless of how you’re paying your run fee, you must register yourself with our organizer, OnGrid, at OnGrid SVBMWCCA HPDE Registration. You will not be able to run your car on the track without registering! Select the "Sacramento Chapter BMWCCA" run group. There will be no fee due on motorsportreg.com since you're paying your fee directly to the club.
- Step 2 – Payment:
- Check: Mail to PO Box 161617, Sacramento, CA 95816-1617 or bring to September meeting. OR…
- Cash: Bring to September meeting. OR…
- Ticketleap: Go to SVBMWCCA Ticketleap and pay. $11 fee applies.
- Questions? Email us at email@example.com with any comments or questions.
- Important! If you signed up on our interest list, you ARE NOT registered for the event. You must follow the steps above to officially register for the HPDE day.
Hope to see you at our 2019 track day!